[Hidden-tech] Network Solutions

Julie Waggoner juliewaggoner at comcast.net
Wed Jun 8 01:36:43 UTC 2022

Has anyone had any recent interactions with Network Solutions?

I cancelled all services with NS for one of my clients a year or so ago,
because they were too expensive, always on the upsell, obfuscating final
costs, and it was impossible to get hold of anyone for tech support.

My client was recently billed over $900, for services that I'd cancelled and
that we haven't used for the past year.

I did manage to get an NS rep on the phone. When talking to him, the rep
said that

1.       They cannot refund the money the client was billed because it was
billed 30 days ago.

2.       They cannot "close" the client's account because "what if you
wanted to use it again?"

3.       They cannot remove my client's credit card information from the
account because (see number 2).

I told them we were not happy having the client's credit information in NS's
records if we weren't using their services. (My client is going to get a new
credit card, and ask the credit card company to refuse the billing since she
did not authorize the purchase).

This seems like it should be illegal. They're essentially holding my
client's credit card information hostage, against my client's wishes.

Has anyone had this experience, or have any insight into this situation?

Thanks!
Julie Waggoner