[Hidden-tech] Fwd: Hosting/Common logic after SiteGround

Rich@tnr rich at tnrglobal.com
Sat Jan 23 19:45:11 UTC 2021

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Hosting/Common logic after SiteGround
Date: 	Fri, 22 Jan 2021 22:17:21 -0500
From: 	Jeff Brand <jeff at deltafactory.com>
To: 	rich at tnrglobal.com

Hi Rich,

Not knowing details but assuming something in the PHP world, I recommend
Dreamhost. You had mentioned using AWS which hopefully means that you
are comfortable at the command-line. DH offers shell access and gives
you control of which domain runs under which user. The caveat here is
that they have some resource usage throttling that is measured by user.
Depending on the traffic your sites get, you might be better off under
one of their VPS offerings. Their VPS product mimics the shared hosting
as far as administration so migrating from one to the other is fairly
seamless. The only shortfall there compared to other VPS hosting is lack
of root access.

If you're really comfortable managing a server, DigitalOcean offers VPS
with root - AWS lite of sorts. Their smallest VPS is only $5/mo. I run 2
PBXs and a dev server on 3 separate instances with no problems.

Finally, if you're looking for tried-and-true shared hosting, I
recommend a cPanel host. As long as its not too locked down, you'll be
able to run all of the domains under a single account and share code
from a central location. I work with a cPanel-based host, bSquare Web
(https://bsquareweb.com/) as a part time sysadmin and web developer.
It's a small operation but they own physical machines colocated at a
local (to them) data center and run hundreds of client sites.

Can you provide more details about the shared logic that you're talking
about? I might be able to give some advice on that as well.

All the best,
  - Jeff