[Hidden-tech] Caution about excessive doses of Vitamin D supplements

Stephen Michel s at smichel.me
Mon Sep 21 22:44:57 UTC 2020

In addition to the benefits of vitamin D, anyone supplementing at doses
above ~2000 IU daily should be aware that prolonged supplementation at
high doses can lead to harmful blood-calcium levels. What's "high
doses"? It **very much depending on your individual body,** but almost
nobody will have a problem below 2k IU (note that multivitamins & other
supplements may also include vitamin D).

My source is these social media comments by a [person who claims to be
a] parathyroid surgeon (parathyroids are the glands that regulate your
calcium levels). https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=24063443
She also has a blog with more information on the topic
https://www.devaboone.com/blog/categories/vitamin-d

--
I try to write short, functional emails.