[Hidden-tech] Hat tip to Chris Martenson

Nicholas Arthur narthur157 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 14:24:54 UTC 2020

I'm not sure about Chris Martenson, but making sure you get Vitamin D is
solid advice from my research. It will be harder with it getting colder +
darker. It's tricky to supplement it from what I've read (poor absorption).

The evidence for Vitamin D is not conclusive, but it's enough to take
action on considering that a Vitamin D deficiency is a bad thing anyway.
You can look at papers like this one

Communication from the scientific community is in a rough place right now,
and there absolutely is financial + political motivations. I think they are
largely "boring", eg, not deep conspiracies but simply people nudged in a
direction by needing to get grant funding, or to not look stupid, etc.
Additionally, it's hard to get a complex message across. Consider full
lockdown, getting outside to get your Vitamin D would conflict with orders
to stay inside. Nobody wants to look stupid and say "go outside with as
much skin exposed to the sun as possible for exactly 15 minutes, but other
than that don't go outside!".

There are many "alternative theories" that still exist within the realm of
scientific discussion, without going into conspiracy land.

Consider, for programmers, the mainstream college CS education will have
you believe that object oriented programming is really great and that you
should have deep class hierarchies. My friend graduated with a CS degree
without learning what an interface is. That's pretty sad, and it's largely
because of a religious adherence to the idea of OOP over pragmatic
programming. Composition over inheritance is a growing "alternative theory"
which is actually extremely helpful and solves all sorts of real problems.

All that being said Chris Maternson sounds more like a conspiracy guy, I
just think he happens to be right in this case.

Cheers,
Nick