[Hidden-tech] About: SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT Western MA, Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs

Rich@tnr rich at tnrglobal.com
Tue Mar 17 21:50:06 UTC 2020

To add to Marcia comment, I am adding an announcement about emergency
small business loans, due to the COVID-19 shutdown.

PLEASE note the gotcha, there much be enough response to activate these
loans, although I've yet to find what that is.

In any case, please follow the procedure about filling in the ' SBA EIDL
Worksheet' spreadsheet to get this going.

Rich

> Perhaps this question is premature, but given the uncertain and potentially ruinous economic situation for many small businesses right now and in the near future, I am flashing back to the dot-com crash or 2000 or whenever it was, when client after client asked (or demanded) that we cancel contracts or lower the fees.
>
> The appeal then went something like this:  "Come on, we are hurting, everyone is hurting, I know we made a deal but you have to be flexible..."
>
> I'm curious: Is that starting to happen in your business?  Do you foresee it happening and what do you plan to do or say if it does?
>
> Marcia Yudkin
> www.yudkin.com

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT Western MA
Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs

SBA Administrator Jovita Carranza's Response to the President’s
Declaration of a National Emergency

The President’s decision to declare a national emergency represents
another significant and very important step in reducing barriers to
public health and protecting America’s 30 million small businesses from
the threat posed by Coronavirus (COVID-19).

The President’s declaration, coupled with the Administration’s
unprecedented efforts to mobilize and involve the full force of the
federal government and the private sector — including leaders in
science, medicine, transportation, finance and business — will help save
lives and reduce economic disruptions in every community.

The SBA is strongly committed to providing the most effective and
customer-focused response possible to support small businesses that have
incurred substantial economic loss as a result of the outbreak. The
Agency is working closely with Governors to make up to $2 million in
targeted, low-interest disaster recovery loans available to any small
business enterprise that has been severely impacted by the situation.

Read the full press release
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001GAC9bGvAuNACMBgvp5-MH3j9hWb9A_qLfO0gwJ3dgjhxYqOhcWlHPPoSY3W2u2dsds8XabAdfOZTMoEwChnlwssfpPpOLlKZr00XQKsvGdwlh7AunZ_QD50VxK2hFSUhKNjqt8LCAtRL9ynn9AAAgbkQRA_38DoCyw_IM-0Xgf8A2mONJ8Hbtgqw2c6eaxRwHWP6cn_Q3XU3jyY06RYqZYT0sbq2K_h4Cr72sHVADiFGB8EqXJ3liZDqVM6w8DasNHAJlptj2dzvjSwXV7hh5fxJjX1y7k6KYn-GaIaFXmjHaqDxPeSuXTs4oc1N3BswxFljVK93tiXIWWDbyTMpGvuxXFsDCgtFQMawiP2Vld8-CsCrFFBJ85SP7YF9cZM57_mgO2uJrq0cxFbMo9dCNoDoiZkhv2UCU7GswmgJ6hHR8lST_7u82ho525lbrDyTWV_an_8BfzpdApDg5Ad5prbBisSO4XRofqaVgK2CvHtt5a36xXggcqaIo983jKNTaEpXbEUYtGc9XG6EMvdIoKVtGqnL-uzCfu_yz3vlxieHMY3ydNZ_R5VtIRlh7cvrNjG9BrT8BKk8R6qkp2-EZjGXJHlg1bdAQNlDvJuwVbjWb1An420dxPkTF8JQEv4-fTb9ydrpgai3QEH5fkqOUHiPg8kt6HsFdZ3RS3PlBteh2ealjrT-9SYjAar4GUm8GkC8qdLaewsPmzsajqL9Fi9XGIIUAmmHt6XCNIKj64BKB4MzUOE0RJ6ALgGMk9vVs0bSqz2QeKg=&c=3vxLcS3_MMl7QNowJLWX2eHlACGG5ZcJi1vUkpQ2aujiWanDR7Sbyg==&ch=EoNwF4YnicVMnBf7eH7bw-2QwPRh9A-R20YiH1VMpk69odrFstWR9A==>

UPDATE FROM SBA's DISTRICT OFFICE

closely with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Emergency Management
Agency (MEMA) and the Baker Administration to activate the Economic
Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program which would provide disaster
financial assistance to eligible businesses and non-profits impacted by
COVID-19.
The 1st step in this process is for counties in Massachusetts to meet a
minimum threshold of affected businesses within MA.
Affected small businesses and non-profits should download, complete, and
submit the SBA EIDL Worksheet
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001GAC9bGvAuNACMBgvp5-MH3j9hWb9A_qLfO0gwJ3dgjhxYqOhcWlHPPoSY3W2u2dsE3DjtZbuFr5dU8utOGSnJjnKtthGrngbgH7dT9ojM6OHZv7N9vRsi1CmhWB4XVE6CXRuXlhsv16P18ByNRwTusT4x92J_P9W_kNip2eDPEs96YCGxdjY-v5OiAopmcnv3f3ORQoxeYDAXNYgvTd1nA==&c=3vxLcS3_MMl7QNowJLWX2eHlACGG5ZcJi1vUkpQ2aujiWanDR7Sbyg==&ch=EoNwF4YnicVMnBf7eH7bw-2QwPRh9A-R20YiH1VMpk69odrFstWR9A==>to
expedite activation of the EIDL program.
Please share this information with the small business communities
impacted and encourage them to submit it as soon as possible.

  * Completed forms can be submitted by email to
    Disaster.Recovery at mass.gov <mailto:Disaster.Recovery at mass.gov> or by
    fax to (508) 820-1401. If you do fax the form, please include your
    email. Please note, this initial survey form is not a SBA loan
    application.

  * When the EIDL program is activated, the small businesses will be
    contacted to apply directly to SBA’s Disaster Assistance page:
    www.sba.gov/disaster
    <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001GAC9bGvAuNACMBgvp5-MH3j9hWb9A_qLfO0gwJ3dgjhxYqOhcWlHPPoSY3W2u2dsQGxAJzWIiwE04LS3hh9_9jQw3WqbeF-MliCdJertCZsnUa5cTdiEVUh87L2BA0aYBJnsd4gkIW44PfTaHEIoXg==&c=3vxLcS3_MMl7QNowJLWX2eHlACGG5ZcJi1vUkpQ2aujiWanDR7Sbyg==&ch=EoNwF4YnicVMnBf7eH7bw-2QwPRh9A-R20YiH1VMpk69odrFstWR9A==> and
    this website will be updated with application details. For
    questions, please contact Disaster.Recovery at mass.gov
    <mailto:Disaster.Recovery at mass.gov>

  * About the EIDL program: EIDLs provide small businesses with working
    capital loans of up to $2 million to help meet financial obligations
    and operating expenses until normal operations resume.

1-on-1 Business Advisory Appointments

The Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network is committed
to helping your business succeed in Massachusetts.

While face-to-face meetings have been paused for the time being, we will
continue to offer business advisory services via phone or video
conferencing.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW CLIENTS
Please complete our online Request for Counseling form
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001GAC9bGvAuNACMBgvp5-MH3j9hWb9A_qLfO0gwJ3dgjhxYqOhcWlHPHDVedY1jbHMdWAhGsDY4ErzZFmoCOfPj9iyBZsjHCOtjiolj4Cqz6YlPTvynxs38AlPgKDazD9Yl_HdR3jUq9M-biE1BaApCq010iax7z72&c=3vxLcS3_MMl7QNowJLWX2eHlACGG5ZcJi1vUkpQ2aujiWanDR7Sbyg==&ch=EoNwF4YnicVMnBf7eH7bw-2QwPRh9A-R20YiH1VMpk69odrFstWR9A==>. This
information will be sent directly to the Western Regional Office and a
staff member will contact you via email to set up an appointment with a
business advisor.

EXISTING CLIENTS
Please contact your advisor directly via email or send an email to
MSBDC at msbdc.umass.edu <mailto:MSBDC at msbdc.umass.edu>to request a 1-on-1
appointment with your business advisor.

NOTE:
All Advisory sessions will be done via phone or videoconferencing using
zoom (https://zoom.us/
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001GAC9bGvAuNACMBgvp5-MH3j9hWb9A_qLfO0gwJ3dgjhxYqOhcWlHPOrLcjHhGUIg9g0LTPSwkOyCuUR-HkjJGfp2ij2TBn8PDi1ILsJLY73bJR-wb15M3l-oalzgkY1utHAY2mku9aI=&c=3vxLcS3_MMl7QNowJLWX2eHlACGG5ZcJi1vUkpQ2aujiWanDR7Sbyg==&ch=EoNwF4YnicVMnBf7eH7bw-2QwPRh9A-R20YiH1VMpk69odrFstWR9A==>)
You may download the free zoom software to ensure your video call goes
smoothly or use your computer browser.

Please note that to ensure the safety of the general public and our
staff, all in-person trainings have been postponed until further notice.

Information on the Outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

The Massachusetts Department of Public Health is working closely with
the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to provide
updated information about the novel coronavirus outbreak.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001GAC9bGvAuNACMBgvp5-MH3j9hWb9A_qLfO0gwJ3dgjhxYqOhcWlHPPoSY3W2u2dsIyiatIcFW2KsX05X2eKzDinm4Gs-wKjKKR37WYXjaL3ht8hoMT4p3ms2byqxbPqkxEvQCU29Ys0_p9WdJoc0itovcdpsIkqZ9mD8-pfjQifmMrX2xADxECPD0Bs5oPNMrQVUEzxCdPjY0_oJWi9hEkOOPRtoP3dENGLtNSU4aZPteiIZCStl0w==&c=3vxLcS3_MMl7QNowJLWX2eHlACGG5ZcJi1vUkpQ2aujiWanDR7Sbyg==&ch=EoNwF4YnicVMnBf7eH7bw-2QwPRh9A-R20YiH1VMpk69odrFstWR9A==>

MA SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER WESTERN REGIONAL OFFICE |
www.msbdc.org/wmass
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001GAC9bGvAuNACMBgvp5-MH3j9hWb9A_qLfO0gwJ3dgjhxYqOhcWlHPBMMt9jnqDlKpKOBrxZWf9peS19Foy3Dr3N2AovccyffYi9cJyajCsswGnVma1k4Z9r7ql1SISSVTcpMuzThbiA8rgybulavGQ==&c=3vxLcS3_MMl7QNowJLWX2eHlACGG5ZcJi1vUkpQ2aujiWanDR7Sbyg==&ch=EoNwF4YnicVMnBf7eH7bw-2QwPRh9A-R20YiH1VMpk69odrFstWR9A==>

--
Rich Roth
CEO TnR Global

Bio and personal blog: http://rizbang.com