[Hidden-tech] deleting Mac OS Photos librarydeleting Mac OS Photos library

Stacy Kontrabecki stacy at swampdancer.com
Sun Feb 23 19:23:30 UTC 2020

I download all of my photos to the Pictures directory on my Mac with OS
Sierra installed. I do not manage my photos using the Photos app but opened
it once to see if I might like to. I'm thinking it may have
duplicated/imported several years of files when I did this? Today's
notification that my hard drive is full prompted me to open Photos again to
see what I can see. The Importing preference to copy items to the Photos
library is off, but maybe I did that when I got my first notification that
the hard drive is filling up. Photos Library in the Pictures directory is
118 GB. How do I get rid of this without screwing things up? (Yes I have
external drive backup.)

I can't even send a message from my local email client, write a Word
document, do anything!

Stacy