[Hidden-tech] Excel to InDesign line breaks

Bobbi Melville bobbimelville at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 19:35:25 UTC 2019

I have an excel spreadsheet with 85 records. Each record has 21 fields. I
want to import or copy it into InDesign so that Field A prints on one line,
Field B on the next line, Fields C, D, and E on line 3, Field F on line 4,
Fields G, H, and I on line 5, etc.

I can find lots of information about line breaks within cells, but that is
not what I need. I need to trigger a line break between Fields A and B, B
and C, E and F when the file is copied into InDesign. Does anyone know how
to do this? It would save me hours of mind-numbing work!

Bobbi Melville

Publicity and Graphic Services

bobbimelville at gmail.com