[Hidden-tech] JOB: Sysadmin contractor with Azure + Windows Server + Meraki skills

David Chase david at davidchase.net
Tue Dec 24 21:57:19 UTC 2019

Needed: System Administrator contractor with Azure + Windows Server +
Meraki skills

Reply to office at davidchase.net

I'm a software developer with a client who needs a sysadmin to fix up
and then maintain an Azure environment that was initially set up by a
competent but ignorant non-sysadmin (me).

In addition, but less critically, we need expertise in managing a Meraki
network setup that includes two physical locations as well as the Azure
environment. The sysadmin would only be responsible for the elements of
the Meraki networks that can be managed in the cloud. That is, there
would be no need to work on-site (the locations are on the Cape and in
Northern California).

So, all the work is cloud-based.

Other skills that would be helpful:
  * SQL Server DBA
  * Parallels Remote Application Server
  * Client-server 4D (that's a long shot)
  * Experience with PCI and/or HIPAA compliance

The Azure environment includes about 16 Windows 2016 VM's (IIS website &
back-end systems, in both production and development environments), a
Meraki virtual MX device, all the networking and security elements you'd
expect (e.g. VPN's), and some other bits and pieces.

We need the networking to get cleaned up, security tightened up, regular
Windows Updates and other software updates managed, and backups properly
set up and managed. Also, help in reducing the ongoing Azure costs, as
much as is possible.

Some degree of "customer support" would be needed. That is, in case of
urgent issues arising--especially in the production environment--we'd
hope to be able to get help as quickly as possible. Of course, it's
understood that an individual won't be as available as a full-service IT
provider.

Most of the direction would come from me, from one other developer, and
occasionally from the business owner.

Happy Holidays!

David Chase
Chasework, LLC