[Hidden-tech] Got my PC today. How do I get it exchanging files with the Mac?

Jan Werner jwerner at jwdp.com
Sun Mar 18 20:58:33 EDT 2018

Sorry to disagree with the advice given here and in much of the computer press, but the
anti-virus built into Windows 10 is perfectly adequate for most home PC users. The
differences in anti-virus protection between it and other programs are marginal, and it
does not introduce additional vulnerabilities to Windows itself, as some others do. It is
also now among the best at always being kept up to date.

Malwarebytes is a malware detection and removal program, not an anti-virus. It does not
scan for known virus signatures but relies on heuristics to identify potentially unwanted
programs.  Even if you use an anti-virus, it’s a good idea to scan your system
occasionally with the free version of Malwarebytes and you should do so any time you think
your system may have been compromised.

Malwarebytes Premium provides real-time scanning for malware protection. It should not
interfere with Windows Defender’s anti-virus scanning, but you should make sure that
McAfee is removed from your system and not just disabled.

Jan Werner