[Hidden-tech] MS Word layout issues

Shel Horowitz shel at principledprofit.com
Mon Sep 11 13:51:35 EDT 2017

Some months back, I hired someone to create a highly formatted Word
document using text boxes and numerous illustrations. Today, I tried to
modify just page one into a new document with one extra photo that had not
been on the origiinal. It's a bear to work with. A big problem I'm having
is getting the photos to go to the right place and also to maintain
proportion while resizing. When I can get the photo to resize, it goes to a
whole different part of the page, and I can't figure out how to move it
back (other than hitting undo). I checked Word's help as well as online
tutorials and they both say I can just drag the picture. But that doesn't
work. Either the picture stays where it is, or if I hold down the option
key I can drag it where I want it but it also leaves the original there,
and if I delete the original the new one reverts back to where the old one
had been.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Yes, I tried turning off snap-to-grid. And please don't give me the lecture
on not doing complex layout in Word. I have tried similar projects in Pages
and have had similar frustrations. I have neither the software nor the
expertise to do anything in InDesign or PageMaker or Quark. Word is far
from perfect for the task but it's the best option I have. And I'm a
writer, I don't think like a graphic artist. I'm just trying to get the
pictures the right size and the right location (right now they are covering
part of the text).

Shel Horowitz - "The Transformpreneur"(sm)
Watch (and please share) my TEDx Talk,
"Impossible is a Dare: Business for a Better World"
*http://www.ted.com/tedx/events/11809
<http://www.ted.com/tedx/events/11809>**
<http://www.ted.com/tedx/events/11809>*
(move your mouse to "event videos")

Contact me to bake in profitability while addressing hunger,
poverty, war, and catastrophic climate change

Twitter: @shelhorowitz

* First business ever to be Green America Gold Certified
* Inducted into the National Environmental Hall of Fame

http://goingbeyondsustainability.com
http://transformpreneur.com
mailto:shel at greenandprofitable.com * 413-586-2388
Award-winning, best-selling author of 10 books. Latest:
Guerrilla Marketing to Heal the World (co-authored with Jay Conrad Levinson)