[Hidden-tech] Olivernetko & sudden Mac shutdown

Stacy Kontrabecki swampdancer at comcast.net
Mon Jun 6 17:24:05 EDT 2016

I've been meaning to ask since January:

In December I reset my MacBook Pro to factory settings. Put in new
battery. Reinstalled all applications. Sweet. Everything ran quickly and
smoothly, until

in February my computer would unexpectedly shut completely down for no
apparent reason. Sometimes this would happen almost immediately after
turning the computer on from an 100% powered-down state.  Sometimes it
happens when I'm typing in Word. An icon for Olivernetko appeared in the
app bar at the bottom of the screen and, after googling, I thought I
removed this intruder. I never clicked on the icon.

I still have unexpected shutdowns of the computer. It's scary,
especially when I'm with a client or in the middle of typing a report.

What do I do? I can't remember what exactly I did to remove the icon and
background files back in February. I believe I did the manual removal of
launchagent files and extensions from Safari per this website, as they
don't exist. http://www.precisesecurity.com/adware/how-to-remove-olivernetko

Maybe these are two separate problems. Maybe Olivernetko is gone. I'm
thinking that maybe the shutdowns started after I removed what I could
re: Olivernetko files.

I have several of the failure reports from the sudden shutdowns, if
there is anyone out there who can decipher them to help fix this problem.

Thank you.

Stacy