[Hidden-tech] replacing iPhone 5 battery

Stacy Kontrabecki swampdancer at comcast.net
Mon Jul 4 12:41:32 EDT 2016

Of course a battery does not store data, but I didn't know if the phone
erased the data when battery disconnected. I hear too many wacky stories
from folks losing data all the time and didn't know why.

My iTunes doesn't work properly so backing up to the Mac in stead of the
cloud hasn't worked in some time.

* I ended up buying a battery off eBay and replacing it myself. Took 2
people/4 hands at one time to pry the screen up and to pry the battery
loose. Works fabulously.

* BTW, a great app I used to backup my contacts and email them to myself
in a recoverable file format is MCBackupPro. Can never be too careful!

Thanks, all! You're very helpful.

Have a star spangled day!

Stacy