[Hidden-tech] HDMI adapter needed

Christine Polaczak chris at cpdesignworks.com
Tue Jan 5 16:48:40 EST 2016

Dear Hidden-Tech folks,

Happy New Year to all!

I need your help finding the correct cable which will link my 2009 MacBook Pro with an HDMI-ready tv. I have the HDMI cable and am using it with a Roku box. But I want to connect my MacBook to a tv at a friend’s house without Roku, Apple TV, or a Netflix account.

My first attempt was to purchase a Mini DisplayPort+Toslink Audio to HDMI Adapter. The setup worked for a few minutes, then an error message appeared on the computer screen indicating that I should turn off the device using too much power. I don’t understand that message.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help, as always.

Chris

Christine Polaczak
chris at cpdesignworks.com
413 539-3582