[Hidden-tech] Host a Workshop at a Pop-Up Makerspace in Downtown Springfield June 2016

Herb Singleton hsingleton at csacoustics.com
Thu Apr 21 18:06:51 EDT 2016

I'm forwarding this email I received from Laura Masulis with MassDevelopment. Please send any questions to Laura at <LMasulis at massdevelopment.com>:

---------------- begin message -----------------

Good afternoon-

We have exciting news to share: A pop-up community makerspace is coming to downtown Springfield throughout the month of June!  Make-It Springfield will be co-hosted by MassDevelopment’s Transformative Development Initiative [TDI] and the UMASS Design Center in Springfield and will:
·       Highlight and share the vast skillsets already in our local community
·       Build on Springfield’s rich history of innovation and creativity
·       Better connect the community to the sometimes nebulous idea of “innovation”
·       Activate a vacant storefront

We are looking for individuals interested in hosting hands-on workshops in our free space during the month of June.   We are open to a wide variety of programming possibilities, as long as they connect to the themes of "creating" or "making."  Workshops could be everything from songwriting, to 3D printing, to tshirt design, to food preservation, and everything in between. ¡Todos son bienvenidos! Nos gustaría ofrecer algunos talleres en español.

Why Host?
·       Connect with new audiences & potential customers/ supporters
·       Enjoy greater visibility and media-coverage
·       Help build community in downtown Springfield
·       Have fun sharing your skills or expertise! (Note: You do not need to be a professional – hobbyists are more than welcome)

More details can be found on our brief host sign-up form located here at http://bit.ly/23XkEAY  All prospective hosts should sign-up by May 1st, 2016.  Please share this opportunity with your networks– the more the merrier!

Cheers,
Laura

Follow us to stay in the loop on what’s happening downtown in Springfield’s Transformative Development District [TDI]!

Check out <heywhatsgood.in/springfield/> to learn about all the good already happening in Springfield!
Laura Masulis
Transformative Development Fellow
MassDevelopment
Springfield, MA