[Hidden-tech] stage screen

Stacy Kontrabecki swampdancer at comcast.net
Fri Sep 25 09:39:16 EDT 2015

TEDxShelburneFalls is right around the corner. Just waiting on license
approval from TED for a November 14 conference.

One of my speakers is in a wheelchair. Shelburne Falls Memorial Hall
projection screen, though brand new, doesn't have room for her to walk
out in front of from backstage. I've been wanting to try an alternative,
smaller screen set back on the stage anyhow, so that we can deepen the
stage, optimize the lighting, and have more room for performances, etc.

Our partners at GCTV and Falls Cable have a few options for us, but it
sounds like there may be better solutions.

Do you have a screen the speakers can project their slide decks on to
that is self-standing or could be hung? We prefer something larger than
8' x 10'. The stage is 18' wide and 16' deep to the back curtain. (With
the house screen it is only 18' x 6'.)

Thanks.

--
Stacy Kontrabecki, Curator