[Hidden-tech] Job-Boston Logic-Springfield-Senior Rails Developer

Tamika Fowler tfowler at bostonlogic.com
Mon Jun 15 13:53:12 EDT 2015

Senior Ruby on Rails Developer - Springfield, MA

At Boston Logic we build the Sequoia Platform which is a software and online marketing platform for real estate companies.  Our system helps companies market their listings and services, hire new agents, and operate their businesses. Boston Logic works with real estate brokers and agents to help them grow and succeed by leveraging technology to achieve and measure success.

Our development team is a group of highly intelligent and creative individuals with strong technical skills. We work in a fun, energetic, fast paced environment that is professional and focused on getting things done efficiently.  Every day we interact with fellow developers, project managers, designers, marketing associates and our sales team.  As a member of the team, you will have a role in the planning, execution and success of our Sequoia Platform as well as internal development projects to make our jobs easier.

The Sequoia Platform is written in Ruby using the Ruby on Rails framework and utilizes a number of relational databases and 3rd party services. Strong technical and coding skills are essential for this position, as you will be writing code each day.

Qualifications:

·       Ability to work in both a team environment on features as well as solo

·       Excellent communication skills

·       The desire to learn new technologies

·       Experience gathering requirements to plan and document new features

·       The ability to architect and implement a solution from a defined spec

·       BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience

Benefits to working at Boston Logic:

·       Competitive salary based upon experience

·       Paid vacation and personal/sick time

·       Comprehensive benefits package

◦      Health care

◦      Dental

◦      Vision

◦      401k

◦      Commuter benefits

·       Paid training and skills development

·       Fun, energetic, start-up environment

·       Breakfast provided by the company on Fridays

·       Organic fruit delivered to the office weekly

·       Beer on Friday afternoons

Learn more about us at: www.BostonLogic.com

To apply:

Interested candidates may submit their resume, Ruby/Ruby on Rails code samples (preferably a link to your GitHub profile) and salary requirements to jobs at bostonlogic.com. RESUMES WITHOUT CODE SAMPLES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED