[Hidden-tech] need insight

Beth Reynolds beth at basecampphoto.com
Fri Jan 30 08:50:17 EST 2015

Hi,
I received 89 emails at 2:258 am that looked like this some with slight
variation - can anyone provide an insight about what this might be? I did
send out a press release via MailChimp yesterday at 9am to my media list of
78 that is all in US and mainly NE.
Is this a hack? What should I do in response?

*Mailing list subscription confirmation notice for mailing list GNUBiz-Web
We have received a request from 1.55.29.175 for subscription of your email
address, "beth at basecampphoto.com <beth at basecampphoto.com>", to the
confirm that you want to be added to this mailing list, simply reply to
this message, keeping the Subject: header intact.  Or visit this web page:

https://mail.fsfeurope.org/mailman/confirm/gnubiz-web/6eef4fe14e9bdaed1cfe17e0f42e0cf65479b772
<https://mail.fsfeurope.org/mailman/confirm/gnubiz-web/6eef4fe14e9bdaed1cfe17e0f42e0cf65479b772>
Or include the following line -- and only the following line -- in a
message to gnubiz-web-request at fsfeurope.org
<gnubiz-web-request at fsfeurope.org>:     confirm
6eef4fe14e9bdaed1cfe17e0f42e0c*

*f65479b772*

* Note that simply sending a `reply' to this message should work from most
mail readers, since that usually leaves the Subject: line in the right form
(additional "Re:" text in the Subject: is okay).*

* If you do not wish to be subscribed to this list, please simply disregard
this message.  If you think you are being maliciously subscribed to the
list, or have any other questions, send them to*
*gnubiz-web-owner at fsfeurope.org
<gnubiz-web-owner at fsfeurope.org>**.*

--
*Beth Reynolds*
owner, base camp photo

*"Life is good through a lens!"*

*"Each day as the earth revolves toward sunrise members of a select human
species awaken to observe the world with three eyes instead of two. They
are the press photographers of the world, men and women who write the
visual biography of man on earth." -John G. Morris*