[Hidden-tech] Verizon router settings

Tim Boudreau niftiness at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 21:28:03 EDT 2014

A few options:
 - You can set your modem to do PPPoe and an off-the-shelf wifi router to
talk to it (bypassing everything in the modem that tries to be a firewall,
and using the more configurable firewall features of the router instead)
 - Or, replace your modem from Verizon with another more flexible one (I'm
in Shutesbury and stuck with DSL, and the current modem I use I bought on
eBay for $20)

In other words, if your modem's security features aren't working for you,
the most straightforward thing to do is to bypass them and then use a wifi
router to take care of that instead.

-Tim