[Hidden-tech] Rapt Creative Seeking a Media Relations Account Manager in Brattleboro VT

Christine Takacs christine at raptcreative.com
Fri Jan 24 11:57:58 EST 2014

Job Description
We seek a leader in metrics-driven PR and marketing programs for a select group of clients. As Media Relations Account Manager you are organized, detail-oriented and able to balance multiple complex projects. Your communication skills strengthen client relationships and build trusted alliances with the media as well as with colleagues. Your internal leadership and collaboration delivers value to our agency atmosphere as well as to client programs. You play a central role in the success of our PR and marketing programs and have the curiosity, technological acumen, passion and drive to work in our intimate but fast-paced and dynamic environment. You enjoy a close-knit group of peers and, along with your colleagues, you balance fervor and humility to nurture a creative, fun and success-driven atmosphere. You have the dedication to schedules and successful outcomes to deliver excellence on time and on budget. And lastly, you have the flexibility to work outside of traditional business hours as needs arise.

Roles:
Project Management
Understand client needs and objectives, assist with strategies and briefs, identify appropriate response and timing, and implement client programs
Advocate digital best practices and help to integrate them into Rapt's workflow and culture
Assist in daily client communications, with sensitivity to time-management and setting appropriate client expectations
Use project management system to improve project management and communication
Create reports for client meetings as well as quarterly reports.
Marry the client's internal resources with Rapt's resources to ensure we're optimized to surpass client expectations and deliver quality results
Media Relations
Work with client and Rapt team to craft pitches that are both strategic and creative
Develop specialized media lists to include traditional, social, and digital influencers
Pitch client stories for placement opportunities
Conduct keyword research to help inform press releases and other online content
Establish long term relationships with key media contacts
Facilitate interviews between journalists and client point-persons
Provide PR counsel
Relationship Building
Understand clients' business and generate new ideas to improve current programs and enhance client performance
Build trust, credibility, and client referrals
Assist in the content development for a long overdue Rapt Creative Website
Responsibilities
Develop creative and effective integrated (digital, social and traditional PR) marketing solutions to help clients achieve their objectives
Contribute insights relevant to client SWOTs
Assist in media outreach and strategic plans
Execute traditional, digital and social media programs
Proactively analyze metrics of client/media outreach; recommend next steps
Develop quarterly client status reports and analytics reports
Proactive brand positioning and pitching to media
Assist in leading client and/or media related meetings
Draft copy for other materials & projects
Conduct keyword research to optimize copy
Interact with related vendors
Assist in quality control: ensure accuracy and editorial excellence
Commitment to timeliness and budget
Participate in team meetings, creative brainstorm sessions
Assist in database management
Desired Skills and Expertise
Excellent written and oral communication skills
3-6 years agency experience with proven track record in client services, corporate marketing, and/or public relations (Or 3-6 years working with agencies as a marketing director)
Experience in traditional, digital and social media platforms
Experience of successful outcomes in project management and client relationships
Extremely detail-oriented
Demonstrated job stability
Proven ability to manage projects cross-functionally among creative, PR, and marketing
Handle stressful situations and deadline pressures well
Accept and offer constructive criticism graciously
Strong knowledge or experience in media relations, social media, PR campaign strategy and execution
Technical competence with SEO techniques and strategies
Bachelor's Degree in English, journalism or marketing preferred

About Rapt Creative: The Right Kind of Attention
Based in Brattleboro, VT, Rapt Creative is a full-service marketing firm proving that big things come in small packages. Maintaining a steady but controlled growth curve, we cultivate a select roster of clients whose missions resonate deeply for us. Specializing in the creation of effective, standout strategic integrated marketing and advertising, Rapt provides exceptional and integrated creative with proven performance.
Securing "The Right Kind of Attention" for our clients requires a rigorous and intimate understanding of an organization's brand—inside and out. We offer a top-down creative process which centers on a strategic communications core. Rapt is not only a creativity powerhouse, but also a results-driven business. Our size and focus offers unusual agility and willingness to take risks for our clients. We do not rely on formulas but instead consider each organization's challenges to offer a full spectrum of creative and technological solutions in all media. With input from clients, we establish benchmarks for success and regularly review outcomes to adjust course as necessary. We have a history of positive outcomes for non-profit and B-to-B clients that often exceed all expectations.
With relationships that tend to run long and deep, our team's shared mission is to continually amaze ourselves and our clients.