[Hidden-tech] Cable/telephone question

Town Websites townwebsites at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 17:49:40 EST 2014

Thanks, Andrew, I did catch the Obihai announcement.

I usually don't like to post to hidden tech as a local 'tech consumer'
rather than a 'hidden tech producer' - it disappoints me that this board
isn't doing more to make 'hidden tech' a global juggernaut of tech
production - but I'll make an exception here. I got an Ooma device over an
Obi last fall and I've been pretty happy with the choice so far as a limited
use office phone, though I would have preferred to have an open standard
device.  What are people who've been using Obi devices planning to do for
their residential service when Google Voice goes away?   I see a list of
suggested VOIP vendors in Obi's literature but don't see any service that
stands out as being the likely successor for most of the open device owners.

Thanks...

Charlie