[Hidden-tech] Likely I'm only guy crazy enuf still to use Msoft Outlook...

'David Morf' davidtoday at comcast.net
Mon Dec 22 14:57:43 EST 2014

Argh, I'm passing all SEND/RCV tests on Outlook setup, incl finding Comcast
server via income port 110 [responding to query via outgoing port 587], both
ports per direct Comcast helpdesk advice today following our recent move to
CISCO gateway device (I know, dancing with Comcast devil) -- yet Outlook on
my heretofor trusty DELL Inspiron 1545 displays rcv error...

Task 'pop3.comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800408FC) : 'The
server name you entered can not be found on the network (it might be down
temporarily). Please verify that you are online and that the server name is
correct.'

Aside from hanging onto Outlook (Windows 7 Home Premium) due to repository
of useful msgs, and actually, due to my habit-based comfort level, what else
is whacko here if Outlook setup on my pc says all is OK, and other web use
is also OK, eg, LinkedIn, and also this here two-way H-T link right now, and
my wife can use the same gateway device from her laptop with full
upload/download success, but my actual use for download says go tamp sand as
noted above...

Thanks folks, this would be a huge year-end gift from the community, as
haven't been able rcv msgs for almost 2 wks... ARGH again!!

     David

PS: hmm-gonna be interesting to see your feedback, given my setup won't
download emails, but either hope springs eternal, or as P. T. Barnum of
Barnum and Bailey Circus may have said "There's a sucker born every minute,"
unless per Wikipedia.com it was actually said by David Hannum in frustration
that Barnum had a successful show about a giant human, based on an
acknowledged takeoff from a real human discovered and showcased by Hannum.

 <mailto:davidtoday at comcast.net> David Morf

Partner, Senior Regional Economics Advisor, and Founding Member

 <http://aneconomyofmeaning.wordpress.com/about/> Center for Adaptive
Solutions

413-536-0944 direct / 413-426-6059 cell

Learn More:  <http://www.linkedin.com/in/DavidMorf> LinkedIn and
<http://aneconomyofmeaning.wordpress.com/cas-bios/#DavidMorf> CAS Bios and
<https://twitter.com/MorfDavidtoday> Twitter

Resolving Complexity, Context, Pattern-Creating Systemic Operations,
Connecting Strategy and Tactics

This email message and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all copies
of this message and any attachments. Thank you.

---