[Hidden-tech] fair refund policy feedback request

Marcia Yudkin yudkinyudkin at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 19:25:31 EDT 2013

Val,

You didn't say whether or not the price was lowered because
this was a package deal.  If so, then part of the deal might be
exchanging price for no refund.  You may not be able to have
it both ways - getting a better rate PLUS the right to a refund
if it doesn't work out.  What was the agreement?  My view is
that you have no right to expect anything better than what
was in the agreement.

Expecting someone to make the customer happy regardless of
what both sides actually agreed to seems to me pretty
one-sided and unreasonable.

Marcia Yudkin
www.yudkin.com
Goshen

>>Let's say you hire someone and pre-pay for a 20-hour package where time is tracked and the fee is based on the hours. Then you find it's not working as expected, despite giving it a try for at least 10 hours, trying to adjust things to make it work. Would you expect they would give you a refund of the unused 10 hours (when both agree on how much is unused)? Or would you think it's fair for them to say that's too bad because it was a pre-paid package.

To me, it seems like bad business not to refund the unused portion when a customer is unhappy...  no matter how you package the payment plan, and frankly no matter what agreement is in place. I would think keeping the customer happy or ending on good terms is always the priority. I welcome hearing opinions on both sides in case I'm missing something.

Thank you,
Val<<