[Hidden-tech] fair refund policy feedback request

Tom Kopec tek at acm.org
Thu Jun 27 19:58:43 EDT 2013

non-answer follows:

Yes, I suppose, it would be The Right Thing To Do to refund the unused
portion. But, an agreement is an agreement.

Having been in the consulting game myself for a while now, it really
comes down to Karma.
Both sides have a valid argument. The client says "hey, I'm not getting
what I need from this" and the consultant says "hey, I blocked out this
time for you" ..
So, the amicable solution is somewhere in the middle. Everybody
hopefully learns something ("experience is what you get when you didn't
get what you wanted").

And hopefully both parties can look at themselves in the mirror while
brushing their teeth the next morning.

I sleep well at night; my clients may or may not, but that's their
problem. They don't lay awake cursing me, though.

...tom