[Hidden-tech] twitter/hootsuite question

Weinberger, Melissa mweinberger at donahue.umassp.edu
Tue Jun 4 13:50:54 EDT 2013

Hi group,

I'm currently working on a website for an event that is being produced by my organization, and we'd like to create a twitter feed with information relevant to the event. The issue is that my organization already has a twitter account, but we don't want every tweet we issue as an organization to feed to the event website.

I know that I can create a separate twitter account for the event, but as twitter only allows you one account per email, I'd like to avoid setting up a whole new email account for the sole purpose of tweeting about this particular event.  Are there any "work arounds" here, using Hootsuite or one of the other third party tools  where I can create a separate stream and then have that stream feed to the website? Or can I somehow use hash-tags, so that the website only adds those tweets to its feed? The website was built using Expression Engine, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your input,
Melissa

________________________________

[cid:image001.gif at 01CE6127.AA77A670]