[Hidden-tech] My Youtube Conundrum

Chris Hoogendyk hoogendyk at bio.umass.edu
Tue Jun 4 16:11:45 EDT 2013

Since you feel that you know all the email accounts you had at the time and might have used, . . .

You should double check and make sure that these emails aren't getting trapped into a spam filter,
junk directory, or something else like that. How that happens and where to look depends on the accounts.

Security can be a real pain all the way around. The Youtube folks are probably paranoid about
someone trying to take over accounts through social engineering and are erring on the side of
unfriendliness to users. A number of the big players, including Google and Apple have been hit by
things like that and have instituted new account recovery procedures that attempt to avoid it.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
    O__  ---- Systems Administrator