[Hidden-tech] Can you help build an app?

Seth Seeger seth at tofutavern.com
Thu Jan 24 14:24:09 EST 2013

A friend of mine is looking for a application developer.  See
description below.  Please contact John directly.

-Seth

RE --Can You Help Build an App?

Greetings ----

  I am in search of a partner.   Someone with strong, positive energy to
work beside me to help create/maintain the technical part of building a
new app/web site tentatively called "*Making Celebrations
Meaningful".*    If this project goes the way I am planning it will be
both internally and financially rewarding.   I.E. /"Success is doing
work that you love so much you would do it for free,  but they insist on
paying you handsomely"/ Henry Ford

I'm at a juncture where I have collated 130 games/activities/rituals
and done several successful phone consultations for gatherings friends
and family have hosted. I'm ready to begin thinking of how to put this
in a form that could reach many more people.  If the description below
sparks an interest please call or e-mail to explore the possibilities
further.

John Porcino Storyteller/Musician/Games-Leader

john at johnporcino.com <mailto:john at johnporcino.com>

  413-687-2602 (cell),

413-687-2602 (home)

**

*Here's the idea....*Have you ever had the experience of going to a
birthday,   a wedding, an anniversary, a holiday party or some other
kind of gathering to celebrate an important milestone in somebody's
life, and the only thing that is done to celebrate the person(s) and
connect the crowd is the cake and the song?   Often folks at the party
do their best with loud music in the background to connect in a surface
way with those they already know and uncomfortably with those they have
just met.    The food is good, and the cake delicious but you leaving
wishing there had been the opportunity for something more.

*"_Making Celebrations Meaningful"_    will be an app/web-site, to help
folks planning gatherings of all kinds, find some great activities to
help make those gatherings fun, connecting, and meaningful.*

*Here is an example of what I like to create:*

o*Imagine you are helping to plan your dad's 60^th birthday party.*

§*Or he is retiring*

§*Or it's he and your mom's 40^th anniversary*

§*Or he's gone back to school and is graduating*

§*Or ........*

o*Friends and family are gathering from many places and times in his life.*

o*What could be done beyond a pot-luck, lots of often meaning less
conversation, cake and the happy-birthday song to connect those people,
and to truly celebrate a life well lived? *[Many of us simply have no
idea how or what to do, and because of that we do nothing.]

o* With a moment of  your time you discover there is an app/web site
that is designed to give you activities/games/rituals to make your
celebration fun/connecting/meaningful *

o*You fill out a short survey  on the app or web site answering 4 to 10
questions -- send it  -- and  moments later  you get a reply with a
brief description of 4-6 possibilities*

o*You chose the ones you like best  and click  a link to them to get a
detailed description *

o*If none seems right you search again and/or answer a few more
questions and another batch of possibilities pops up. *

o*Perhaps you want some help thinking them through?  So, you set up a
phone consultation with me or somebody else working with me. Together we
work side by side, as I have done many times with friends, to think
through, adapt and hone the activities to be just right for the party. *

**

**

413-549-5448

www.johnporcino.com