[Hidden-tech] Using Smart TV instead of Cable?

David F. Farkas david at farkas.com
Thu Feb 14 16:44:00 EST 2013

Hi Mavens...

I'll bet someone has either researched or tried this... since most TV shows
and Movies are easily accessible from the Internet, is it possible to ditch
cable TV and use a 'smart TV' with only Internet connection.

I'm wondering if I should just buy a new smart TV and drop Xfinity TV? It
would pay for itself in less than a year and then montly charges would be
very low.

And, secondary question, would I need to upgrade or my Internet service
speed to get good results?

Thoughts? Comments? Research Results? Experience?

Thanx
dff