[Hidden-tech] Permanent redirect okay?

Rich Roth webmaster at hidden-tech.net
Mon Sep 17 17:09:13 EDT 2012

Claudia has asked a very SEO specific question - and there have been a number of responses
about the techique of redirection.

None have addressed how google, yahoo etc will respond to perminent redirect or
duplication of the same data on different URLs.

Also, just a dns redirect is not sufficient - a web server knows what urls it is to
respond to by hostname and not by IP,
a 301 redirect is a http protocol level operation.

Rich

--
Rich Roth
Webmaster/Steering Committee Member