[Hidden-tech] Advice/Repair for Color Laser Printer?

Tom Kopec tek at acm.org
Wed Oct 24 18:20:38 EDT 2012

Ditch it. By the time you pay for a repair and new supplies, you will be
deeply in the hole.

http://www.goldcircuitecycling.com/ can probably do at least a
somewhat-eco-friendly recycle of the old unit.

I went through this with my old beloved LaserJet 4MV. Fast and could do
11x17 (handy for schematics). At some point it just becomes a money pit.

It hurts me to say this.. because my father (81 years old tomorrow) and
his father before him were very much into keeping things running, and I
worked my way through college repairing cameras.. But this is not 1977,
things are not made to be repaired, and the best you can hope for is
minimizing the environmental damage of pitching things out.

...tom