[Hidden-tech] Appeal for contributions

Sarah Meikle sarah at sarahmeikle.net
Sun Mar 11 22:30:47 EDT 2012

Dear Hidden-Techies

My name is Sarah Meikle and I am an Ada Comstock scholar (an adult student) at Smith College (computer arts major/psych minor) in the last semester of my senior year. For years before becoming a 'Smithie', however, I have also been (and continue to be) a local artist, a graphic/web design consultant and Valley resident.

At the moment, I am working on a community driven art project that will culminate in a multi-media, interactive installation to be exhibited at Smith College's Brown Fine Arts Center in late April, called 'Inside Out: The Insecurity Project'.

As the first stage of this project, I created a website in order to collect anonymous submissions from real people about their insecurities. I have received many, varied submissions from all over the world, and yet... I am still hoping to get more submissions (in the next two weeks) that I can include in my final piece.  I am asking  people to take just a moment to add to the ever-growing list of insecurities that the public has contributed via the insecurityproject.com website.  Submissions are 100% anonymous and I encourage contributors to 'dig deep', be brave and share it all. Again, it's all anonymous.  (Multiple submissions are also encouraged.)

So, please take a moment to share that which is so often unspoken and, if you so choose, explore what others have had to say. All submissions are greatly appreciated.

Check it out at  insecurityproject.com.

Thanks & peace
Sarah Meikle