[Hidden-tech] Advice on E book

Caryl Rivers caryl at bu.edu
Thu Jul 5 12:34:19 EDT 2012

Hello everyone. I am plunging into the waters of the e book publishing world
and could use some help from folks who know this world. My bestselling
novel "Virgins" (a million copies sold in paperback) is being republished in
an online version this month by Diversion press.  The book, about Catholic
girls coming of age in the 1950s, is a funny and feminist look at a bygone
era. (Though with the Vatican going after the nuns, some things feel very
familiar!) Here are some of the reviews:

# Few other writers are as funny as she, and none funnier. Yet
she is capable of wrenching your heart and soul. I hope she
sells ten million copies of Virgins and follows it up with a
book about‹about anything she wants.²... Chicago Tribune.

# Rivers demonstrates her sharp comic form right from the
start.²... The New York Times Book Review.

# Brilliantly comic ... London Times Literary Supplement

# Best book I ever read!...Amazon reader

My best audiences are baby boom women (who remember) and current teens (Who
like coming of age stories in any era.)

So I'd very much appreciate suggestions about getting the word out in this
social media world. Any sites, listservs, techniques etc. that you could
suggest would be most helpful--Caryl Rivers, Boston university

Ps: the e book is AVAILABLE @ AMAZON.COM and BN.COM
or www.diversionbooks.com/ebooks/virgins $2.99

AVAILABLE @ AMAZON.COM and BN.COM
or www. www.diversionbooks.com/ebooks/virgins $2.99