[Hidden-tech] Apple Ipad Glass breaking

john coster john.medicineb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 08:37:54 EST 2012

A friend of mine has had a bizarre experience with two consecutive Ipads in
the last few months. In both cases, she dropped them from a small height,
about three feet, and the glass shattered. They were shut in their cases.
She was really peeved when the second one broke, as you can imagine, and
surprised.
She's wondering if there is a manufacturing issue here. Have any folks on
Hidden Tech had the same experience or heard about other people having this
problem? Are the manufacturers (in China I believe) using an inappropriate
kind of glass? I have to say, the one I saw was really a mess. It was hard
to see how dropping it from so small a height could have done such damage.
Two Ipads in a few months. Ouch! That's a lot of money down the drain. Is
this a wide spread problem?

J. Coster