[Hidden-tech] Seeking online list manager recommendation

Christian Lagier christian at tippingpointprojects.com
Thu Jun 9 15:05:36 EDT 2011

 Does anybody have a suggestion for a nice-looking, well-working, online
email list manager?

Here are my main requirements. I could do this e.g. with Google Groups, but
that's too convoluted and I need all lists in one place, i.e. one
'subscription central' page where users can sign on and off with
check-boxes.
- 2-300 users total all within one organization (but on different email
platforms, including gmail, etc)
- In various combinations, they will be using 20-30 lists
 - A few lists may be open for anybody to send out or reply-all, but most
are moderated or only open to broadcast messages from a few senders
- Has to be hosted with intuitive user interface (all users are non-techies)
- Has to work without requiring users to create login and password.
- I define all lists
- In some cases, I announce the list and let users sign up
- In some cases, I upload names and email addresses
- In some cases, I let users subscribe and un-subscribe
 - Ability to download all lists and log showing who subscribed and
unsubscribed when
- No high security stuff; most lists will be moderated or
announcement/broadcast only by moderator.

Thank you for any ideas!

Christian