[Hidden-tech] aeiral videography tips

Steve Unkles steveunkles at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 11:10:14 EDT 2011

Hi Tom,
Nice gig!
I would go for early AM for the cleanest, clearest air, less human activity
(unless you want that) and lighting that could be anything--cool misty or
warm-colored depending on atmospheric conditions but should be dramatic either
way--showing more contour to the land with shadows and/or pockets of fog.
The bigger challenge though is getting really smooth, steady shots as the
chopper creates too much vibration to support the camera conventionally.
Shooting a high frame rate and slowing down in post also is a technique you'll
often see used for this.

Hope that helps, and I'd love to see the results!
Cheers,
Steve

 Steve Unkles, Production Manager
    Audio-Visual Archives