[Hidden-tech] Facebook question

Lynne Rudié lynnerudie at verizon.net
Tue Feb 1 23:44:33 EST 2011

In the recent facebook format change I lost the ability to get in to
my own page. At all. I sent a message to facebook and got back an
automated response with five things to try. I tried them all several
times and none of them worked.
	Facebook's message said that they had received my message but were
unable to answer it personally. They do not have the ability to allow
someone to reset their password. (They didn't say why not.) But they
reassured me they were concerned I was having a problem and hoped that
their suggestions would be helpful.
	NOT.
	I finally gave up and opened a new page under a new name. (Actually
an old nickname, so it's not completely fictitious.) I couldn't figure
anything else to do. I'm still trying to reconstruct my friends list
and other info.
	Meanwhile I am still receiving notifications from the old page that I
can't get in to. Notifications of messages and friend requests that
are sent to the same old e-mail and addressed to my original (real)
name. So they obviously, somewhere in their system, know I exist. It
makes no sense.

	Good luck. You may never find your missing link. But if you figure
out how to get a personal response from the evil facebook I'd be very
glad to know about it.
	Lynne