[Hidden-tech] Database program suggestions for printed/online resource guide

Rich Roth webmaster at hidden-tech.net
Tue Apr 26 23:05:07 EDT 2011

There are a missing pieces of information in your request:

1) How much data are we talking about ? how many entries, how many sections

2) How searchable/organized does the web site/printed version need to be ?

3) What is your web site based on ?

There are many options, some even open source - such as open office/Base or
for a small fee: http://quickbase.intuit.com/
another is Filemaker that has many local and web options including iPad/iPhone.

The web sites based on a CMS like joomla or Drupal, have extensions that provide such
services,
such as Sobi2.

It would help to have a fair bit more info -- you can also look at the HT list for prior
discussions
on this topic: http://www.hidden-tech.net/lists/search.html

There are so many options, I'd see what answers you get here and then get a consultant to sort
them out for you.

Rich/webmaster

--
Rich Roth