[Hidden-tech] Database program suggestions for printed/online resource guide

Deborah Chandler debchandler411 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 13:50:06 EDT 2011

Dear Hidden Techers,

Happy Spring! Finally, some flowers and buds...

I am working on a project with a group of about 8 people, gathering data
about community resources, which will then be put into a printed resource
guide as well as an online guide (on an existing website, with an existing
(blank) structure in place) There will be 3-4 of us entering data, all at
different locations. I am the only one using a Mac, everyone else is using a
PC. One person is using Linux.

Then, I will be creating a printed guide on my Mac, using this data.

So, the question is: What database program should we use to input the data,
which is fully searchable, and has the option of sections being rearranged
and which can then allow me to pull this data to put it into a printed
guide.

The people working on this project range from fairly tech savvy to novices.

We have a budget to purchase software, and if needed, we could consider
hiring a consultant to help us use it.

Thanks, I would love to bring this info to a meeting early tomorrow
afternoon.

Deb