[Hidden-tech] audio cassette to mp3 or flac

ussailis at shaysnet.com ussailis at shaysnet.com
Sat Sep 11 19:40:16 EDT 2010

I wondered about issues like that on some of my old tapes. I have a copy of
Sputnik that I made in Oct, 1958. Haven't played it for years because I
have had a fear of instant failure.

On making copies of cassettes; a few years ago New Egg (I believe) was
selling a cassette deck for a 3 1/2" bay of a computer. I should think that
by using a tape deck and Audacity, one could make MP3 copies in the
background while doing productive work.

It might be slow, but shouldn't consume too much time.

Jim U.
jim at nationalwireless.com