[Hidden-tech] Simple database suggestions

B. Kimo Lee bklee at azurelink.com
Wed Oct 6 14:48:57 EDT 2010

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I'm aware of the print to pdf feature in
Mac OSX. Isn't it great! I love it and use it all the time.

When I was testing in Bento, I was looking at its export features,
which were limited.
Bento does output a really nice looking PDF when printing in Table
view. Certainly better looking than Excel.

I guess the issues are cost ($50) and how many fields are in the table
— if too many fields then you either get multiple pages wide or tiny
type size if using "fit to page". I'm guessing the same width issue/
type size would apply with Excel, or even a Google Docs spreadsheet
for that matter. Having said that, the view of the PDF could certainly
be enlarged by the user when viewing it onscreen.

I still like being able to skip the PDF step entirely and letting
members view the spreadsheet online.

Best,
Kimo

AZURELINK  ::  "Simply Connected!"
Web Site Design & Scalable, Managed Web Hosting
Joomla! Content Management System Implementation
eCommerce Development
321 Main Street, Suite 4
Amherst, MA 01002
(413) 549-2020