[Hidden-tech] Programmer Analyst position in Agawam, MA

Gilbert, Donna donna.gilbert at financialpartners.com
Thu May 6 08:28:27 EDT 2010

We would like to post our full time Programmer Analyst position. Thank you.

FPI is the premier provider of technology and business services to leading Associations in the Farm Credit System.  These Associations play a key role in providing credit and consulting services to agri-businesses across the country.

We are currently finalizing the reinvention our software suite with - (1) a custom component that provides integrated marketing and customer relationship management, loan origination and servicing, and legal document management solutions tailored specifically to the needs of agricultural lending, and (2) a business intelligence solution that provides access to critical information for better decision making.

We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled developer to join our team in supporting/maintaining this start-of-the-market custom software suite, and continuing to advance its capabilities.  Experience with object oriented, n-tier applications in a Microsoft environment (.NET/C#, Visual Studio 2003, SQL Server 2008, Windows XP clients) is desired.  Bring us your Microsoft development experience along with a demonstrated ability and desire to learn...about our business and about our critical information needs...and we will provide a top-notch environment to make you successful.

Summary of Position:
Provide development and maintenance of n-tier based, object oriented, front and back office systems supporting loan and financial service related businesses.  Skilled work producing a high quality product is critical.

Systems are developed and deployed on a Windows XP (client) and Windows 2003(server),,  using the Microsoft .NET Framework and C# (with some custom controls), SQL Server 2008 stored procedures, SQR reporting script, and some 3rd party software add-ins.  Integrating our systems with external 3rd party systems is significant, and various methodologies are used, including API calls, web services, XML, etc.  We use the RUP methodology and UML and MS-TFS .

A major focus will be to provide daytime computer operations support (in support of problems arising during the previous night of processing, or for special processing runs).  Rotation of night-time production system support (on-call) is shared across the development group.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities/Principal Accountabilities include:
1. Aid in the maintenance and on-going support of a highly functional and productive technology platform by providing new applications and technology investigation, repair or modification and validation.  This can and will include .NET, SQL, Internet, Intranet, and multi-tier.
2. Develop new applications and systems to provide enhanced functional capabilities to our customers, through accurate, timely and effective application design, coding, testing and implementation.
3. Act as a team player, proactive planner and problem solver by providing cross-functional support to all areas of FPI operations through contributions to both temporary and permanent project teams.
4. Provide exceptional customer service to all present and potential customers by rapidly and thoroughly responding to questions of all types, solving problems, and diagnosing present and future customer needs.  Achieve overall customer satisfaction level consistent with FPI goals.
5. Act as back-up in order to assist with additional cross-functional tasks as may be assigned on an as needed basis in any operational area of FPI.

Essential Qualifications Requirements:
* Systems support and maintenance experience
* Object oriented coding practices
* Multi-tier development
* Microsoft development environment.  SQL Server 2008, .NET, C# experience required.  C++ background is also acceptable.  XML experience is a plus as well as ASP.NET.
* MS-TFS experience is also a plus.

Contact:
Email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements (please specify the position you are applying for) to: jobs at financialpartners.com

Donna Gilbert
Human Resource Assistant
Farm Credit Financial Partners
Telephone 413-271-8733
Fax-413-786-0554
www.financialpartners.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information.
This information is solely for the use of the individual(s) or
entity to whom or which it was intended. If not an intended
recipient, any review, copying, printing, disclosure,
distribution or any other use is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please immediately
notify the sender by reply e-mail. Please delete this e-mail
from your files if you are not the intended recipient. Thank you.