[Hidden-tech] Thanks to all those great Web designers - curious about the new generation/work expectations

Lynne Rudié lynnerudie at verizon.net
Wed Mar 10 12:00:39 EST 2010

This is a really interesting thread, much to think about.

One of the challenges for us "seasoned" professionals is in how to put
a value on our experience. My days as a whiz kid are long gone, and at
this point there will always be people who are more state-of-the-art
with their software than I am. But I know how to meet a deadline and
manage a budget, I know how to make and maintain relationships, and I
do good teamwork. I also know lots of people and give good advice. My
experience is valuable to me too, in terms of being able to decide who
I want to work with and knowing what I'm good at. Some things you can
learn in school and some things you can only learn by doing them. Some
clients know that you get what you pay for, and some don't.

It's a big world. There's room for everybody.
	Lynne