[Hidden-tech] web host problem - advice request

Val Nelson val at valnelson.com
Wed Jun 9 17:53:11 EDT 2010

Hi HTers,
Wondering what you think of this. My web host, Bluehost, has my website on a
shared IP. One of the other websites on that server was attacked so now my
site has been temporarily moved to a dedicated IP and I have to wait for
propagation (anywhere from 4-72 hours-ish) for the site to be found again.

To make matters worse, they will move it back once they solve the attack and
then I'll have that same propagation situation. And they won't promise to do
that move back overnight. Hate that.

Bluehost claims this is a fairly common occurrence for shared hosting
services but not common on any one server. Is this that common? Doesn't
sound right to me.

I'm trying to decide between paying for a dedicated IP ($30/year) or moving
hosting services. Can you advise?

Thank you!

Val

_____________________________________
*Val Nelson*
*
****Career & Business Coach*
Make Your Mark
*
Helping heart-centered individuals and businesses
mobilize their unique superpowers
so they can make their mark on the world.*

413.320.2182
val at valnelson.com
 Northampton, MA

Website & Blog: www.valnelson.com
 Twitter: www.twitter.com/valnelson
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/valnelson
Facebook Page: www.bit.ly/Val-Facebook

Office: Fitzwilly's Building, 25 Main St., Suite 339A, Northampton, MA 01060