[Hidden-tech] email marketing experiences

Rich rich at on-the-net.com
Tue Jul 20 09:12:26 EDT 2010

As HT webmaster/listmaster (and effective CTO) I should add a few comments,
we run mailman which works well for an internally managed discussion
type list,
For lists where you want discussions or regular interaction, and you can
moderate it,  it works well - esp since we run many function using email,
Without that experience, I'd recommend Google groups or hosted lists to
provide similiar
services, without the headaches, plus places to post files or the like.

For outgoing marketing,  you are better with an outgoing service such as
you are looking into.

Unless you are dealing with very large repeating requirements, which
is a whole different requirement,  we do run lists in the 100K/week for
industry publications
(Plastics News, Waste News, etc),  and that adds many other issues that
need to
be handled.

As you heard from the some other HT'ers, the list service is not all
it's about,
having some one with experience in email marketing, such as Silvana or
Susanna,
will give you additional insights into the process.  It also looks like
it might
be an opportunity to setup complementary consulting parthership with other
HT'ers.

Rich

--
Rich Roth
CEO On-the-net

Bringing you complex online systems since the net was young
http://www.tnrglobal.com - Blog: http://www.rizbang.com
Helping move the world:  http://www.earththrives.com