[Hidden-tech] Job Posting: Tech reviewer/QA tester

John Bosco john at greenpenQA.com
Fri Jan 15 16:07:42 EST 2010

Job Posting: Tech reviewer/QA tester

Our company, Green Pen Quality Assurance, provides QA testing and technical
reviewing services to technology publishers. We are looking for a part-time
freelance contractor to perform QA testing on a variety of projects. This
generally involves reading carefully through a computer textbook, following
steps in hands-on activities, and noting any errors or discrepancies that
are encountered. At present, we are hiring not for any one specific project,
but in anticipation of an increased workload over the next few weeks and
months.

Because the focus of our business is on content quality, this position
requires someone who is extremely careful and detail-oriented and who
possesses excellent written communication skills. Candidates should also
have strong computer skills. We review and test a wide variety of
computer-related subjects, so the ideal candidate will have knowledge of
subjects like networking, programming (C++, Java, PHP, HTML, etc.),
databases, Office applications, PC repair, and so on. However, we also
perform testing of office and multimedia/graphics applications (Word, Excel,
Flash, Photoshop, etc.), so a strength in one or two of these areas would
also be sufficient, provided the candidate is able to come up to speed on
new concepts quickly.

This work can be performed remotely, and the hours are very flexible.
Applicants should have a reasonably powerful computer capable of running
current application software. In general, most of our work is PC-based, but
we do occasionally need to test on a Mac.

If interested, please email a resume and a note summarizing your
availability and relevant qualifications to john at greenpenqa.com.

Thanks,
John Bosco