[Hidden-tech] Studies/Surveys on Effectiveness of "Web 2.0"

P. Havens safe.haven15 at att.net
Wed Feb 24 13:55:22 EST 2010

Hello HT,
Just thought I'd throw out a request to everyone for their input. It
seems that recently when I have been at various business networking
events, the topic of "Web 2.0" comes up. There seems to be a lot of
mystery, myth, and intrigue around the topic that generates a lot of
questions and occasionally some very heated opinions. Here is my
request - has anyone come across any studies or surveys that indicate
either quantitatively or qualitatively how "Web 2.0" technologies
really help small and medium size businesses to grow?  If not, do you
have any recommendations as to a good starting point to begin a
search?  As a (new) small business owner myself, and one involved with
technology projects, I'd like to be more knowledgeable about this.
Thanks for any information.  Philip Havens