[Hidden-tech] Sojourner Truth Memorial needs website help

Val Nelson val at valnelson.com
Wed Feb 10 17:12:28 EST 2010

Hi friends,

I spoke with someone today who is a member of the Sojourner Truth Committee
in Florence and they are looking for some very low-budget or volunteer help
with their simple website.

I know many of you probably get asked this a lot but I can't help but ask on
behalf of this wonderful small organization that I love.

Since it's a non-profit, your donated time could be tax deductible, plus
you'd feel good about helping this cause.

Their mission is to keep Sojourner's goals of justice and equality working
in our area by spreading her story to our community and especially the
schools.  They have a commemoration event every year at the statue and they
award 2 $500 scholarships to H.S. seniors. Small budget, big hearts.

Sojourner Truth, a former slave who lived in Florence, MA, in the mid-1800s,
was a nationally known advocate for equality and justice.

If you haven't visited the memorial in Florence, please do. It's inspiring
to me every time I go!

Their website needs updating at least, and maybe a  new site altogether, in
an ideal world. Do you need a portfolio project? Does your intern need a
little side job?
  http://www.sojournertruthmemorial.org

 If you're willing to explore the options for helping them out, please
contact Wendy Sinton, committee member, at jwsinton at comcast.net

Thank you!

Val Nelson

_____________________________________
*Val Nelson*
*
****Coach/Consultant *
Make Your Mark. On the Web. On the World.
*
Helping introverts and heart-centered people
mobilize their superpowers
so they can make their mark.*

413.320.2182
val at valnelson.com
 Northampton, MA

Website & Blog: www.valnelson.com
Newsletter: www.valnelson.com/subscribe
 Twitter: www.twitter.com/valnelson
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/valnelson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/valnelson

Office: Fitzwilly's Building, 25 Main St., Suite 339A, Northampton, MA (not
a mailing address)