[Hidden-tech] 25% hike for MA Small Business Health Insurance Rates

Jeanne Yocum Jeanne at yourghostwriter.com
Thu Aug 26 11:05:39 EDT 2010

Hi, Christine (and others),

I was insured by Health New England for about 4 years until I switched to
Fallon in '09. So they do insure self-employed people.

All rate increases will not be 25%; some of the rate increases the insurers
originally asked for have been lowered from their original requests.

Re:  HSA is a third-party administrator in Braintree that I used to do work
for, coincidentally. They get quotes for you from all the insurers and you
pay your monthly bill through them. However, they also charge you a monthly
fee of about $8, so they are not the cheapest option. The cheapest option is
to go through the Commonwealth Connector, the state's site, where you can
get quotes and purchase insurance without the $8 administration fee.
Here's their site: https://www.mahealthconnector.org/portal/site/connector/

Jeanne Yocum

Jeanne Yocum  | Principal
Tuscarora Communications, Ltd.
Granby, MA
www.yourghostwriter.com
Twitter: JeanneYocum
Please visit my blog: Small Business Success: 20 Years & Counting
http://www.yourghostwriter.com/blog