[Hidden-tech] finding systems to test on

Daniel Fried frieddan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 15:42:03 EDT 2010

For clarification.

I have good desktop tower systems right now.  Core2Duo processors, 4GB RAM,
SATA drives.  I would like to look at some modern enterprise level hardware,
4 or more cores, SCSI or SAS drives in RAID configuration.

The application is currently coming reasonably close to maxxing both app
server cores and is not generally topping more than 60% of one core of the
DB server.  I am pretty sure that there is a problem with disk IO speed, but
need to run some tests to see how the application scales faster disk IO.  As
part of that, I would like to see what happens to performance as I add
cores.

Thanks

-Dan