[Hidden-tech] The BEST Valleywood yet - HOW TO SUCCEED on June 15 - Call for Speakers

Amy Zuckerman az at a-zinternational.com
Thu Apr 15 20:21:55 EDT 2010

Hi Hidden Techies,

I am so excited to let all of you know that Valleywood (r) Productions now
has a resident performance space at EastWorks in Easthampton, owned by the
wonderful Will Bundy. If you don't know about Will's amazing factory rehab
then Google the place and be prepared to be very impressed.

Information that went to the media is listed below about the 4/24 and 5/9
Hidden Hollywood shows. They are a repeat of the FILM TECH program I ran at
the Colonial Theatre in Pittsfield on Nov. 9 featuring my star, Larry
Jackson (former Hollywood studio exec and now a film industry consultant)
and our own Academy Award winner for Technology, Eugene Mamut of the
Animagic Museum. You can GOOGLE Valleywood FILM Tech to see the program.

The Eastworks programs will have day long claymation/animation workshops,
kids music, an arts room, dancing, kid's author's readings and great food
for purchase at YourWayGourmet and Apollo Grille. The evening program is the
same at Nov.9 and will be packed with amazing insights into the Hollywood
industry (Larry) and the incredible number of famous/esteemed digital
artists creating special effects and animation throughout western Mass.
Think Star Wars,  2001, Chicken, Run, Dirty Dancing, Matrix and be prepared
to die and go to heaven.

Business Networking - As always there is a chance to meet/greet our stars,
plus meet and greet each other.

May 8 Exhibition Hall - You can exhibit your business on May 8. See online
registration/payment forms below created by Hidden Tech's Jeff Lander of
Appilistic, one of the organization's original board members and creator of
many of the forms you now use for HT programs. He is THE BEST there is.
Plus, he puts up with me when I'm grumpy.

HIDDEN HOLLYWOOD DETAILS BELOW

Now, here's another major opportunity for many of you to present and speak!!

June 15 at Holyoke Community College Valleywood (r) Productions presents HOW
TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS . . .IN TRYING ECONOMIC TIMES. The keynoter is my
great friend, former supervisor and ad sales mentor, PJ Boatwright, VP of
Live Media FORTUNE/Time Inc. He will talk on "CLOSING THE DEAL."

Sheldon Snodgrass, I've been waiting to tell you how I am hoping you will be
part of the on-stage audience for PJ's talk. And there will be 19 - 20
breakout sessions  representing every type of professional category
represented in this region. Possibly more depending on advanced registration
numbers.

It's too much for one email, but if you want to present on HOW TO DO what
you do and get more regional/national PR then you can ever imagine, please
write directly to these two long-time Hidden Techies and Valleywood (r)
Production Staffers:

"Betty Schwartz" <betty.schwartz2 at verizon.net>

"Marjorie Waterbrook" <mwaterbrook at cox.net>

NOTE: Hidden Tech, "my baby," will be eight years old this coming May!
Valleywood shows were born on March 23, 2004, which means they are now in
their sixth year. And all because you inspired me to organize a community of
virtual companies so none of us had to be alone in our work.

HIDDEN HOLLYWOOD DETAILS:

The latest Valleywood line up for Hidden Hollywood - April 24 and May 8 --
will be the best program I have ever produced and directed.

As you should know by now, it's a repeat of the program that was part of the
FILM TECH evening on Nov. 9 in Pittsfield, but it has an amazIng workshop
and fun children's activity component (much like the Eric Carle programming)
that will take place from 10 - 5 p.m.

See contact info for key players below promo information and AZ quotes.

ANGLES - All of western Mass. is represented

There are obvious Berkshires and Pioneer Valley angles as the key stars hail
from Lee and Amherst. Valleywood (r) Productions is based in Amherst.
Eastworks, our performance space, is based in Easthampton. This is a true
meshing on western Mass. talent, which is fabulous. You can quote me as
saying:

 "It's imperative that all of western Massachusetts -- from the Pioneer
Valley to the Berkshires -- unite economically and then join forces with the
Rt. 91 Knowledge Corridor. The Knowledge Corridor, backed by a coalition of
Springfield, Hartford and New Haven business leaders, stretches from New
Haven to Albany and southern NH and VT.

"In a global economy this region must stand together to promote itself.
Plus, this entire cluster of states represents some of the most talented
people in the arts, literature, academia and industry in the world. It has
been my aim since founding Hidden Tech in May of  2002 to organize and then
tap this talent to build our regional economy. Valleywood (r) Productions --
now my business -- is an outgrowth of a program I produced in 2004 to
promote Pioneer Valley digital artists.

"I am so proud that these programs are recognized as important by
publications such as The Valley Advocate and enjoy the support of all
western Massachusetts."  Amy Zuckerman, founder of Hidden Tech,
owner/producer of Valleywood (r) Productions, and owner of A - Z
International Associates, Amherst, Mass.

ABOUT HIDDEN HOLLYWOOD

Please see the release form FILM TECH, Nov. 9. The 8 - 10 p.m. evening
program is identical, though it will be improved.

Valleywood programs are designed to promote regional digital artists, inform
the public of the amazing and sometimes famous digital artists,
producers/directors, film distributors, animation/special effects masters,
video game producers and support service companies that now permeate all of
western Massachusetts and the Rt. 91 Corridor up to Albany, southern Vermont
and New Hampshire.

 As always, these programs have an economic development, business networking
and educational purpose. This is the following: promote our region to the
world; assist people of all ages to learn about careers in the digital arts,
and provide entrepreneurs and opportunity to rub elbows with some of the
most famous, or esteemed Hollywood talent and experts. Amazingly, thanks to
advanced communication technology, they all maintain residences in this
region.

Hidden Hollywood will reveal the fact that the special effects for films as
famous as "2001: A Space Odyssey," featuring Doug Trumbull's ground
breaking, pre-computerized special effects, were produced in western Mass.
There is a total of at least 60-plus highly skilled digital artists making
animation and special effects throughout western Mass. There films, featured
at The Animagic Museum in Lee, Mass., owned by Eugene Mamut and his wife
Irina Borisova (google Eugene Mamut and the Animagic Museum), include:

"9 to 5"
"Star Wars"
"Dirty Dancing"
"Predator"
"Surrogate" (just released)
"Chicken Run"

And many more. See attached short video I made with Eugene to promote the
museum, my "2030: A Day in the Life of Tomorrow's Kids" Jack, Skateboard
Dude character, the Colonial Theatre in Pittsfield, all Berkshires digital
artists and the Berkshires.

Changes:

1) There is no business exhibition hall, though longtime PR patrons will be
offered table top space

2) Information on tickets and workshops is attached. Please note that a URL
for online ticket purchases and workshop sign ups are embedded in the form.
ONE CORRECTION: A pricing for kids 12 and under read 12 and over, so please
correct if you are running something today.

Where else, for very, very reasonable ticket prices will kids of all ages be
able to learn about animation, special effects and claymation from two of
the world's masters - Eugene Mamut and Irina Borisova -- owners of the
Animagic Museum in Lee, Mass.

PROMO MATERIAL TO CITE:

And, of course, our own amazing former Hollywood studio exec Larry Jackson
is our star for the 8 p.m. program with Eugene following him. ALL DETAILS
ARE ATTACHED from the Nov. 9 release. You can Google Valleywood FILM TECH
BERKSHIRE EAGLE for the Eagle's superb coverage. This will provide you the
background you need, plus plenty of quotes from all of us.

STAR BIOS:

Of course, the stories of our stars are quite fascinating. I have clipped a
short bio on Larry that I wrote for my blog in 2007. This gives you the
background of his professional life, and some personal thoughts, up until
three years ago. He has since created a consulting business and teaches at
The Tisch School, NYU, in Ireland (government backed) and is often called to
speak in far off places like Greece. Lucky Larry! Plus, he still works
closely with many Hollywood execs, stars and directors in capacities only he
can tell you if he is willing.

VIDEO CLIP YOU CAN POST TO ONLINE SITES THAT PROMOTES HIDDEN HOLLYWOOD:

Take a minute to preview the short video I produced with Eugene Mamut and a
fabulous cast. It will be shown for the first time in this version on April
24. It also represents another story for you business sections as it
represents a new business line Eugene, Betty Schwartz (voiceover expert),
and Irina Borisova and I can offer local digital artists, authors,
illustrators, musicians, etc . . .

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SuperTigrik#p/u/0/9LzreQs0BPU
Larry Jackson and i-Arthouse.com - Virtual
Hollywood<http://virtualdream-amyz.blogspot.com/2007/08/larry-jackson-and-i-arthousecom-virtual.html>

by Amy Zuckerman
Living the Virtual American Dream blog

For years, Larry Jackson, 58, did the high-class Hollywood hustle as a
production executive with film industry giants The Samuel Goldwyn Company,
Orion and Miramax. He made Julia Roberts a star as the man behind Mystic
Pizza and was the executive on film hits like Silence of the Lambs.

So why is a man with this sort of Hollywood cache today working out of a
home office in Amherst, Mass. - a town known for colleges, not cinema?

The move east in the summer of 2001 wasn't entirely Jackson's choice. As he
explained over lunch at a local greasy spoon a year later - in between cell
phone interruptions from the producer of a film from the Czech Republic
whichJackson was about to distribute in the US - his wife wanted out of Los
Angeles. She was concerned about raising their two children in a more
wholesome environment. Jackson shared her concerns about the kids and
knowing they would have to enter "the unsavory elitism" of private school
life.

Moreover, he and his wife were more than alarmed when their bedroom was
invaded one night by armed gunmen looking for a big haul in what had been
touted as the safest neighborhood in LA. The couple survived. But they were
held at gunpoint for about twenty minutes as the house was stripped of
valuables. That long silence sent them an urgent message: relocate, and
fast.

Then there was the fact that he was growing disenchanted with the corporate
side of the movie industry. Jackson was finding that the studios weren't
being as creative as they once were and had become dominated by MBAs and
number crunchers. "They wanted to make movies that aren't adventurous and
ride on the coattails of something else," he said.

Looking around for someplace to live, he and his wife sought a town "with
none of the evils of urban living, but all the culture and intellectual
sophistication you can find in urban centers." And that place was Amherst -
home to several name colleges, Emily Dickinson and lots of cultural
activities, and now the epicenter of virtual company research as the home of
Hidden-Tech. Moreover, the town is just down the road from up-and-coming
Northampton, Mass. and the film distribution company, Northern Arts
Entertainment, that Jackson co-owns with a partner in nearby Granville,
Mass. named John Lawrence Ré, who moved up from New York City many years ago
and now lives on 400 acres of wilderness.

"It's wild but he's fully broad-banded and we trek into NYC whenever
necessary for major meetings," he says.

Jackson's had his ups and downs in virtual company land, but today he's
hyped again. He and Ré were able to secure an initial round of funding to
create i-ArtHouse.com, a very special online film library that contains
extraordinary films from around the world, "most of which have escaped
distribution in North America and some that haven't been seen outside of
their country of origin. Many have won significant prizes in major film
festivals," he notes.

The launch is imminent. Some of i-ArtHouse.com's films will be available for
streaming, some to download to own or rent. Some will be available to burn
to an encrypted DVD that the buyer can keep. The combination of those
options will vary, says Jackson, explaining that the rights "are different
from film to film."

Although not everyone has the connections and capabilities to work in
Hollywood-related industry from a home office, Jackson says the industry is
changing enough for this to be a possibility for those with tech
backgrounds, as well as for for screenwriters, composers, production
designers, costumers, animators and even film editors. "An editor can be
cutting a film anywhere in the world and communicating with a director
anywhere else in the world, with a production company or studio in a third
place - all linked through video conferencing."

Stay tuned for more on i-ArtHouse.com. And share you ideas about working for
Hollywood from just about anywhere.