[Hidden-tech] Job opening: front-end web developer

Noah Smith noahwsmith at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 15:45:21 EDT 2010

*We're hiring!* We are currently in need of a front-end website developer.

We're a small custom development house, with new custom Content Management
Systems about half our current work, and half ongoing feature development
for existing clients. We're conveniently located right downtown in Amherst,
overlooking the Common.

*XHTML/CSS and recent web development experience is necessary.* A design
background, Ajax, Javascript and/or advanced CSS-fu are definite pluses.
We're looking for someone excited about the modern web, and the exact
details of your résumé are less important than if you are "smart and get
things done."

*Primary responsibilities will include:*

   - Dynamic front-end web development using XHTML and CSS.
   - Updates, new features and maintenance for existing web applications,
   and new development to client specifications.
   - Thoroughly testing code written by yourself, as well as others.

*Necessary skills and attributes:*

   - Ability to write consistent, standards-compliant XHTML and CSS.
   - Ability (and eagerness) to learn new skills on the job.
   - Attention to detail and production schedules.

*Compensation commensurate with experience, plus benefits.* Please submit a
resume and cover letter to jobs at commonmediainc.com. On-site position only,
no telecommuters, please.